Logo
Navigation




boxhead
box2head

Weather in Tallinn

Tallinn-Harku
Poolpilves
Temperatuur: 21.6 °C
Tuul: kirdest 6.3 m/s
Sademed: 0 mm/h
Õhurõhk: 1004.6 hPa
Õhuniiskus: 62%
Riigi Ilmateenistus
www.ilmateenistus.ee

free counters

 

box2head

Rate our websit!

box2head

Kalender

Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31
whole month today
›  History  
Decrease font size Increase font size Print this page Sitemap
 

History

 

 

 The procedessor of Lilleküla commando was the II station of Tallinn’s Professional Fire Brigade. The idea to establish a new commando came in 1929 when the city administration saw the only station situated in the old Russian market had too few men and was not even capable for a first departure. To improve the situation some proposals were made. One of the biggest needs was to enlarge the station and also build a new station to a rapidly developing district – to Pelgulinn. The new stationhouse was advised to be built on Paldiski highway, near the railroad crossing, to a key position so to speak – with roads leading straight to Pelgulinn, Lilleküla and Kassisaba district.

 

1930

In july in the cornerstone for the Pelgulinna firestation was placed to the area between Tulika and Mooni street. Station was built using silicate brick made in Kunda. The stationhouse had rooms for the crew, garages and an apartment for the chief (up to 68 square meters so that the lack of living space would not be an obstacle for finding a suitable chief). The building also had a practice tower and smoke chamber.

 

1931

11595 kroons were additionally added to the construction budget. Current Fire Brigade Union observed construction works and tried to had an effect for laying aside the idea of professionall working firemen as in the tight economical sitauation it would not be reasonable. And anway, the city would need two fire stations because most of the fires are put out with own forces. Also, the Union agreed to help establishing a permanent team if the city goverrment would build six apartments to the second floor of the stationhouse and would give the house to Union. The city’s Lighting and Waterworks department rejected the proposal saying that the volunteersvan can never cope with the same kind of responsibility and they dont have the discipline. Even though, one garage box was left for the Young Men Volunteer Fire Brigade Union’s Chevrolet.

 

1932

A new firehouse was built according to the archidect Herbert Johanson’s project – a really up to date stationhouse. It has been documented that additional 40 thousand kroons were given as emergency funds. The project was renewed – for example 10m hose washing channel was built in the cellar, a ventilation holes were made in the roof of the descending posts room, so that the fumes would not percolate to the second floor.

The actual works started 21 july in 1932. at first the personnel consisted of 9 men – chief, the driver and seven firemen. The chief got paid 13 000 marks per month, the fireman 6000. Retirement insurance for a man with the age of 60 after a 25 year track record was 55% of monthly pay.

The priority for the chief was to conduct the technical and economical activity. The chief alsohad to assure the preparedness of his men both theoratically and practically. All the chiefs commands were obligatory. If any of these commands was not in consitency with the rules, a protest could be presented to the city council (although it had to be files through the chief). This avoided any pointless claims or protests.
The had to assure a fast drive to the scene and a constant supply of water. There were no extra fees for repairing the car. There were two cars – the Opel-Blitz and Benz-Gaggenu.

 

1940

The republic of Estonia was occupied by Soviet Union. In 1941 using the Tallinn’s II Professional Fire Station as a base to form Tallinn City’s II Fire Commandoto work under NKVD. When the Soviet forces overtook the commando in 1940, there were 15 men working. Since 25 august 1940, 40 men worked there.

 

1941

The Republic of Estiona was occupied by German forces. Station started operating as a detachment of Tallinn General Comissariat’s Police and Defense Cabinet under the authority of the Tallinn City Goverment Fire Division.

 

1944

The Republic of Estonia was yet again occupied by the Soviet forces.

 

1945

Based on the station the Estonian SSR Internal Affairs’s (later the Ministry of Internal Affairs) the 2nd Solitary Militarized Fire Unit was formed.

 

1991

1. april the 2ns Solitary Militarized Fire Unit was municipalised and served as the Tallinn Fire Department’s Lilleküla station.



2001

Lilleküla station was renamed to Tallinn Fire- and Rescue Board’s Lilleküla main station and Mustamäe station was added as a detachment of Lilleküla station.


2005

With the reorganising of Tallinn Fire- and Rescue Board Lilleküla became a part of Harjumaa Rescue Service.


2006

Since 1. march Lilleküla Main Station is a part of the North Estonian Rescue Service

Lillekülas Fire Chiefs 1933 - .....

 

 

 1

E.

Brett

1933-1937

 2

A.

Nurm

1937-1937

 3

A.

Tammveer

1937-1944

 4

P.

Ponomarjov

1945-1946

 5

A.

Finjagin

1946-1947

 6

H.

Miller

1947-1953

 7

L.

Haljaste

1953-1954

 8

E.

Ruuse

1955-1956

 9

R.

Mägi

1957-1962

 10

S.

Semjonov

1962-1975

 11

M.

Riipulk

1975-1977

 12

V.

Goronkov

1978-1980

 13

R.

Viides

1980-1984

 14

R.

Merilind

1984-1988

 15

K.

Kaljula

1988-1992

 16

U.

Klaassen

1992-1995

 17

O.

Askileiskiri

1995-1996

 18

M.

Haljaste

1997-2000

 19

L.

Lõiv

2000-2009

 20

K.

Sirp

2009-2015

 21

M.

Danilson

2015-...